Friday, May 21, 2010

The somewhat awkward yet super hilarious stage!

Our chicks are now a little over 2 weeks old and every time I go in there to see them they crack me up! Their feathers are starting to grow and even though they're not as cute, they're seriously hilarious!

Dempsey's favorite is a Rhode Island Red we're calling ...drum roll please..."red" : ) He said it's his...so there you have it! Red is the feisty one and really the friendliest and the most protective...I'm actually thinking he may end up a "HE"... it's comb is a little more predominant then some of the others...I had picked another one up last night and again today.. as they were squawking in obvious fright...Red charged at me! hahaha too cute! BUT he also eats out of my hand ever so gently.... He's pretty funny!
This is a group photo and the one in the middle looking right at us is one I like to call Geezer...he just looks like a grumpy old man to me! hahaha!
These two are also quite awkward! The second one is the friendliest of the whole bunch. I'm calling her Jersey! (She's a Black Jersey Giant - original name no?!) She's super sweet. The other, her sister is the shyest and the one who's always hiding in the back!
 This is another of our favorites! Her name is Squirrel. She has a stripe down her back and a diamond on her head...and the cutest chubby looking cheeks! 

Dempsey REALLY wanted to catch one...but I asked him to only pet them gently because they were getting terrified! Poor girls! But it was worth it to see the smile on Dempsey's face! He loves these baby chicks!
For now, we have named them "Red" "Jersey" "Geezer" "Buttercup" "Sprinkles" "Squirrel" "Blue" and the unnamed are the shy Jersey Giant and the Partridge Rock.

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are precious Dani! I love the names you chose for the chicks:0). So cute!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demps is playing so well with the chicks, awww. Looks warm in there, is that a warning light?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! We used to have so much fun with chicks when we were young. That's so neat that your kids get to experience that!

    ReplyDelete

About Us

Welcome to our little home on the web! My name is Dani. I'm a wife to a wonderful man I call "Hubby" and a mother to two little boys Dempsey & Pierce. I'm proud to share our family and good times with you all! I'm planning to use this blog as a way to preserve these special moments in time.
To Muck About

1. (intransitive) To do random unplanned work or spend time idly

2. (intransitive) To do somethings with a piece of equipment when you do not understand how it works. (YEAH FUNNY HUH!?!?!)

3. (intransitive)(British) To be playful; full of fun and high spirits

Labels

Followers

Site Copyright
Legacy Site Design