Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Baby Chicks!

We went to the Grange today to pick up these cute little babies!
I purchased 8 and ended up with 9! Hubby's calling them our "Bakers Dozen" : )
  • 2 Americauna
  • 2 Jersey Black Giants
  • 2 Silver Laced Wyandotte's
  • 1 Rhode ISland Red
  • 1 Partridge Rock
  • 1 Buff Orphington
  • And a partridge...no just kidding! hahaha


This is one of the 2 Jersey Black Giants. They are about 7 days older than the others and already quite a bit larger! 
The lighter one here is one of the Americauna's (Not sure on Spelling or exact variety, I'm not a pro...) They lay the bluish green eggs. We got two of these beauties! 
The other darker one is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. They are beautiful and not only good layers but good fryers and can handle the winters fairly well. 
 Isn't this face ADORABLE!

We're looking forward to the entertainment and the eggs these ladies will provide us... crossing my fingers we didn't end up with 9 roosters!
I'm hoping to complete their digs, and upload more pics soon. I'm still adding some finishing touches and need to do one more coat of paint. I figure we have a few weeks until they're ready to leave their little corner!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! They are so cute! I bet it brings back tons of memories for Chris! The boys must love them!!

    Cheech

    ReplyDelete

About Us

Welcome to our little home on the web! My name is Dani. I'm a wife to a wonderful man I call "Hubby" and a mother to two little boys Dempsey & Pierce. I'm proud to share our family and good times with you all! I'm planning to use this blog as a way to preserve these special moments in time.
To Muck About

1. (intransitive) To do random unplanned work or spend time idly

2. (intransitive) To do somethings with a piece of equipment when you do not understand how it works. (YEAH FUNNY HUH!?!?!)

3. (intransitive)(British) To be playful; full of fun and high spirits

Labels

Followers

Site Copyright
Legacy Site Design