Thursday, May 13, 2010

Catch Light

I LOVE to learn new things! 

Most recently I learned about a little technique in photography called "Catch Light". It's like it sounds...catching the light or a reflection in the eye of your subject. It's AMAZING what a difference it can make in the vividness of a picture. I also strive to make sure the person's eyes are crisp and in focus. 
There's often something magical about the eyes...

This is a regular picture without catch light. 
This is a good example of capturing that reflection. Look how amazing the eyes become and how the color just pops! (Ignore the tongue! He IS his mother's son!) These pictures were all taken with the same camera, in the same spot at about the same time. I adjusted a few settings and moved myself out of the source of the light so it was able to reflect in my son's eyes. I'd always dreamt of being able to take pictures so beautiful!
And his sweet brother...kissing his little puppy dog! 
He looks concerned to me, but has gorgeous eyes! 
I LOVE these boys and am so happy to be capturing these special little moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Welcome to our little home on the web! My name is Dani. I'm a wife to a wonderful man I call "Hubby" and a mother to two little boys Dempsey & Pierce. I'm proud to share our family and good times with you all! I'm planning to use this blog as a way to preserve these special moments in time.
To Muck About

1. (intransitive) To do random unplanned work or spend time idly

2. (intransitive) To do somethings with a piece of equipment when you do not understand how it works. (YEAH FUNNY HUH!?!?!)

3. (intransitive)(British) To be playful; full of fun and high spirits

Labels

Followers

Site Copyright
Legacy Site Design