Friday, October 7, 2011

I heart Faces - Fix It Friday's 10-7-11

Well, it's Friday again ALREADY!

This week's FIF showcased a picture from one of my current most admired photographers. She is a newbie that has really made HUGE progress in only a year. I've never met her but follow her fan page on FB and enjoy her blog tremendously! She's such an amazing inspiration for someone looking to improve upon their photography skills! You can check out Liz's site HERE. Her daughter is her muse, (like my boys) and I've seen her sweet face often! So when I saw the pic this week I was excited to try my hand at the image!


One of my recent desires in editing is to learn how to even out and correct skin tones. I (along with many others) have "Asked Liz" on her Q/A section of her blog. I'm excitedly awaiting her tutorial post! In the meantime, I searched online and found a remarkable action from Rita at The Coffeeshop Blog. It's called Perfect Portrait 3.  It walks you through step by step how to even out skin tones, adjust the sharpness of the eyes, as well as whiten whites! ALL in ONE! It's by FAR my most favorite clean edit action to date!

The above image was edited using the Perfect Portrait 3 action with a few tweaks to adjust to my liking. I also cropped the image to make it vertical and avoid the crack in the concrete.

This process is so EXCITING and FUN! I have a feeling I'll be looking forward to Fridays from here on out! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Welcome to our little home on the web! My name is Dani. I'm a wife to a wonderful man I call "Hubby" and a mother to two little boys Dempsey & Pierce. I'm proud to share our family and good times with you all! I'm planning to use this blog as a way to preserve these special moments in time.
To Muck About

1. (intransitive) To do random unplanned work or spend time idly

2. (intransitive) To do somethings with a piece of equipment when you do not understand how it works. (YEAH FUNNY HUH!?!?!)

3. (intransitive)(British) To be playful; full of fun and high spirits

Labels

Followers

Site Copyright
Legacy Site Design